Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring?

Pretty mild winter.  The daffodils are in bloom now and the tulips are peeking out from the ground. Our forcythia is also blooming and the peas have been planted now.  Looks like spring is on the way!  I haven't had the gumption to get out with my camera yet... I really should just do it. The people up the street from us have 2 new baby goats that are only two weeks old, and they are simply adorable!  I held them both as they protested verbally... even their little voices were adorable!  That made me want to pick up the camera and get some pictures of baby farm animals... maybe even one of me holding those sweet little guys!
Easter is around the corner and we made some sugar cookie dough today for Mom's DUP meeting on Monday.  We made a double batch so there would be plenty for us as well. :O) I found the recipe on Pinterest and hopefully it is a good one.  It has sour cream in it, so they should be soft ones.  Not sure about how we will frost them yet... I've always wanted to try the smooth looking icing that looks glossy when it dries, but we shall see.
The wind is blowing like crazy today. It was warm, but so very blustery! Tomorrow the temps are plummeting into the 30's and we are forecasted for snow!  Can you believe that? High of 80 today, and a high of 48 tomorrow... well, it is general conference weekend and as the saying goes.. "When the Mormons meet, the heavens weep" !

No comments: